Antietam Cable, located in Hagerstown, MD is seeking a full-time Technical Support (ISP)/Customer Service staff member. This position covers multiple, fixed shifts, depending on schedules and our employee needs. Schedule flexibility and a willingness to cover other shifts on occasion are preferred. The selected candidate will provide phone support for customers. Primary role is to respond to calls, analyze and troubleshoot the problems, create and resolve trouble tickets, and escalate issues to specific departments.
A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required, as is a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Familiarity with PCs is important; familiarity with Macs is a plus.
• Knowledge of Windows operating systems; common email clients (Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Eudora); Browsers (IE, Firefox).
• Ability to analyze, identify, prioritize and solve problems is required.
• Experience in troubleshooting hardware, network problems, digital phone, wireless networks, email clients, and connectivity is desirable.
• Understanding of networking terms.
• Good customer relations and communication skills are required.
• A+ certification is a plus.
• Able to troubleshoot and repair customer products/services using knowledge of plant distribution and customer equipment operation
• Answer the Help Desk phones in a courteous and friendly manner and following the procedures as outlined.
• Monitor and respond to Support and Abuse emails
• Enter the calls in Help Desk tracking software, including detailed information.
• Routinely check voicemail, especially if you have left the Help Desk at any point during your shift.
• Use any free time not needed to fulfill the above duties to do self-training to develop your knowledge and skills.
• Respond to customer generated tickets and email support requests.
• Provide support for any cable modem or digital phone issues.
• Maintain an appropriate and professional image of the company through appearance, demeanor, and interactions with customers at all times
• Comply with company policies and specifications • Perform other duties as assigned
The position offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package, including group health & dental, paid time off, 401(k) and more. Antietam Cable is owned by a wonderful parent company, Schurz Communications, Inc., which owns television, radio, cable and newspaper properties throughout the country. Additional information on Schurz is available at www.schurz.com, and via the following video link: http://youtu.be/7OuMd2ikx7k
Interested candidates please visit www.schurz.jobs and search for position ANTM2466 to obtain more information and to apply.